Friday, September 23, 2011

Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God

God, he has the ability to punish does who sin. The Puritans have fear in God when they think they are sinning. This fear is still present even though they think that they are the chosen ones that will go to heaven. That has made the Puritans live in a very strict manner as if their lives are on the line. 

I am not religious at all so I can't say much about the powers of God and what else he is able to do if you disobey his rule. I think that the Puritans had lost their reasoning when they thought that God would punish them for all the tiniest things that they did like read a book that's not the bible, and basically anything else from the bible. Like I said earlier I don't know anything about religion so I don't understand why people follow the bible in such a strict way as the Puritans did. What made the Puritans think that God prefers them over other religions? Why do they believe in predestination?

No comments:

Post a Comment